31 WITCH MOVIES
to lead up to halloween here are all kinds of movies all about witchcraft. funny movies, sad movies, scary movies, vaguely historically inaccurate movies. movies that are not explicitly about witches (this isn’t a very large genre ok)
- häxan: witchcraft through the ages (1922)
- i married a witch (1942)
- black sunday (1960)
- horror hotel (1960)
- witchfinder general (1968)
- bedknobs and broomsticks (1971)
- the devils (1971)
- simon, king of the witches (1971)
- suspiria (1977)
- inferno (1980)
- return to oz (1985)
- the witches of eastwick (1987)
- kiki’s delivery service (1989)
- teen witch (1989)
- warlock (1989)
- the witches (1990)
- death becomes her (1992)
- hocus pocus (1993)
- the bride with white hair (1993)
- witch hunt (1994)
- lord of illusions (1995)
- the craft (1996)
- practical magic (1998)
- ginger snaps (2000)
- bewitched (2005)
- the woods (2006)
- solstice (2008)
- the house of the devil (2009)
- beautiful creatures (2013)
- hansel & gretel: witch hunters (2013)
- ek thi daayan (2013)
2. when school starts and you want to jump rope instead of play kickball, be careful not to trip and hurt your knees.
3. if you grow up and a boy makes your heart hurt, you do not have to be ashamed.
4. if you fall in love with a girl
who wears the same clothes
as you, it will be easy for me to buy you both presents.
5. if I teach you anything, I will teach you to be gentle.
6. you are not Atlas and the world
is not a burden for you to carry.
7. if you do not like your body, if you feel like you were put inside the wrong one, I will stand by and watch you become again.
8. because we are human beings and we do not always have to
take what we are given.
9. I will love you constantly, fervently, always.
10. I will teach you the value of
the word “no” so that, when you hear it, you do not question it.
11. when the war comes
and you want to fight, I will
sleep with clenched fists until you come home to me.
12. when the war comes and you don’t want to go, I will sleep soundly.
13. you are allowed to be soft. you are allowed to break and bend. you do not have to be strong. you do not have to be a soldier.
until the age of five i refused
to wear anything but floral print —
something about the pink, the purple
the jeweled and bedazzled, the lisa frank
brought me closer to my sister:
she the one i’d tell everyone
i wanted to be when i grew up
never learned how to pee standing…